Monday, May 27, 2013

i think

I think I fall in love with people
a little too much

just the way they sound at 4am
or how they look when they smile

and its so addicting
when their eyes light up
because you've remembered something they may have said

I think I grow attached,
to people, who I know,
will leave

But I can't help it
because I see all that you are
when you don't really see it yourself.

and sometimes I wonder how someone's heart,
grows so cold,
and i think, that maybe its because
for a while, it was left out in the rain.

You know some days I struggle,
when there's nothing left to say,
because I still don't know how to convince you,
that out of everyone,
and all the ones that leave

I'm always the one still standing there,
with an umbrella,
just bug enough,
to cover your heart.

cs

No comments:

Post a Comment